Daf Yomi In Motion #107- Yevamos Daf 24- The Oldest Is Miyavem
Cohenim Married To a Safik Chalitzah Can Keep Her.
- Chalitzah is a Din D’Rabbonen and for a Din D’Rabbonen the Rabbonen weren’t gozer that he has to divorce her.
The Oldest Is Miyavem
- “HaBachor”- Mitzvas Yibum is done by the Oldest.
- “Asher Teh Laid”- The Yavamah has to be fertile.
- “Yawkim Aall Shem Achiv”- The Yavum inherits the deceased brother’s portion from the father.
- Six Ways To Understand what “HaBachor” tells us-
- that only when there’s a Bachor can Yibum be done. However any of the brothers is allowed to do it.
- When there’s a Bachor then the Bachor has to do the Yibum, but when there’s not Bachor then any of the brothers can perform it.
- When there’s a Bachor then if none of the other brothers want to Miaybem her then the Bachor is forced to do it.
- Even when there is no Bachor the oldest is first in line to Miaybem. If none of the brothers want her then it goes back to the oldest brother. Bachor just means the oldest.
- “HaBachor” alone when he is Miaybem inherits the deceased brother’s portion, but the other brothers never inherit in his place.
- “HaBachor” only inherits from his father existing assets upon the father’s death so too any brother can Miaybem but he only inherits like a Bachor.
- Gerim aren’t accepted when Israel is in it’s glory only when we are low.
Rumors -a man had relations with a married woman. Brissa vs. Our Mishna
- Brissa: Rumor>Husband Divorces>She Marries other man>Other man divorces her>Adulterer Marries her>Adulterer is allowed to stay with her.
- Even though she married and it broke the rumor- the adulterer isn’t supposed to marry her.
- If he did marry her we let them stay together.
- Mishna: Rumor>Husband Divorces>She Marries other man>Other man divorces her>Adulterer Marries her>Adulterer must Divorce Her.
- In case where there weren’t children from the first husband . If children were born than adulterer can stay with the woman so people shouldn’t say that the children are mamzerim.
- With witnesses even with children the adulterer divorces her.
- Rav – the Mishna is talking about there are children and witnesses.