Skip to main content
Bar Masa Meahkev Bar Masa Achreesi
- has a chamer shita that even people from the same neighborhood(Mavui) have the right to stop someone from opening up the same business as someone that had that business already.
- It’s considered infringing on the livelihood of another.
- Not only can Bar Masa Meahkev Bar Masa Achreesi but a Bar Movuei can Meagkev a co- Bar Movuei.
Rav Huna Agrees:
- Chedorim can be opened even right next to one another. It’s a positive situation because Kinas Sofrim Marbeh Chochma.
- Rochelin- Traveling Purfume, Make-Up and Jewlery sellers are exempt from the restriction of not trading in foreign cities.
- As long as they keep themselves temporary in these places.
- Taludei Chochumim Rochelin are allowed to set up permanently in any places they want.
- This allows them parnosa and minimizes their Bitul Torah.
- Foreign Merchants to sell outside their city but only on the day of the Shuk and in the place of the Shuk.
Privilaged Rights for Tzorva DeRabbonen:
- They are given the “Shuk”. This is the right to sell their wares first.
Causing Someone to be Punished Can Cause Distance to Hashem
- Must Always have 4 amos between them. This creates a walking path for the public helps to pack the ground under and around the wall.
- The walls stand longer and stronger.
Walls Next to Windows in the Walls:
- 4 Amos higher than the Window or 4 Amos lower than the Window.
Build a wall 4 Amos Away from another wall with a Gutter along it.
- Opened Chedorim in all the cities in Eretz Israel.
- Don’t push children in learning until they’re about six years old.
- Those that learn – give them more and more.
- Those that aren’t learning well don’t punish them just sit them next to those that are learning and have them listen to the learners.
- eventually the learning will enter their hearts.
- From the time of Yeshua Ben Gamla’s Tekona Chedarim were more numerous and kids weren’t allowed to leave their area for Chedar.
- If one has to hit a Talmid never hit him with anything more than a shoelace. In this way he won’t hurt the child.
Neighbors Can Protest in their Courtyard:
- A Milamed Tinokos for Goyisha Children but not for Yiddisha Students.
Milamed Tinokos – Klallim
- 25 Students per teacher.
- For 50 students the city must hire two teachers.
- For 40 students the city must hire one teacher and a helper.
- The helper listens to the Rebbe and reviews with the students.
- When there is a better Rebbe in town some say it’s better if they keep the old Rebbe and some say it’s better to switch and use the better Rebbe.
- Use old Rebbe – new Rebbe wouldn’t try as hard because he feels nobody can replace him.
- Better Rebbe is preferable because he’ll work hard that the old Rebbe won’t be able to show that he’s incompetent
- Some say that a Rebbe that learns better but isn’t as careful about mistakes is better than a Rebbe that is exacting but doesn’t learn as well and other say the opposite.
Jobs Where a Mistake is Irreparable are as though Pre Warned-
Hasagas Gevul – opening a like business next door.
- Rav Huna and Rav Shimon ben Gamliel hold that even a neighbor can be forced to distance from the first one there.
- Others hold only foreigners can be forced to leave but residents can never be told to leave.