Skip to main content
Sanhedrian Daf 071 – HaTanoim HaTzrichim L’Kiam Shem Ben Sorrer U’Morror
To Be a Ben Sorrer U’Morror one has to have:
- He stole from his father and/or mother or both. (Rebbi Yosi b. Rebbi Yehuda holds that he has to have stolen also from the mother) -Easily accessible.
- Ate and drank in the domain of someone other than his father. Doesn’t fear the retribution of his father.
- Under these conditions Chazal worried that this person would continue in this habit.
- he has access and he’s comfortable where he eats/drinks it.
- When we think he will continue then Chazal had the sevora to kill him while he’s innocent before he would be Chiav and also hurt or kill someone.
- Both parents have to agree that the boy should be killed.
- rebbi Yehuda says that the mother has to have the same voice and height as the father for the son to even become a ben sorror U’morror.
- Rebbi Yosi b. Rebbi Yehuda says that he has to steal also from the mother. How can she have her own money?
- Food was set aside for both the father and the mother.
- money was set aside for them to have a meal.
- Someone gave money to the mother and said that the money will be hers on condition that her husband will not acquire it.
Sanhedrian Daf 066 – HaMikalel Aviv V’Imo
Melachas Shabbos Diorissa without Kares or Malkot
- Techumin – R. Akiva
- HaAvara – R. Yosi
HaMikalel Aviv V’Imo
- Only over if cursed with the name of Hashem
- If curse with a nickname of Hashem
- R. Meir – Chiyev
- Chochumim – Putter
- Daughters, Tumtumim and Endrogenim are also included in this Issur.
- Misa is Skiela – stoning.
- Azhara – learned from a Im Eino Innun of “Elokim”. The azhara of not to curse a nasi, dayan and a cheresh gives us also the azhara not to curse parents.
- Machlokes if Elokim lo tikalel is referring to Hashem or the Dayanim.
- According to the opinion that it’s Dayanim so for sure we shouldn’t curse Hashem, we learn the Kodesh from the Chol.
- According to the opinion that Elokim means Hashem how can we learn the Chol from the Kodesh?
- We learn two dinim from the extra lamed in “Kikalel”.
- Not Chiyev until she is a nahara, bisula, engaged, and still in her fathers house.
- Rebbi Meir – only chiyev if the girl is a nahara, within the first six months of her 13th year.
- but not if she’s a katana or a bogeres.
Sanhedrian Daf 064 – Tiiva L’Avoda Zora
Avoda Zora was just for the Arios
- Klal Israel never really had a Tiiva to serve Avoda Zora for the sake of the Avoda Zora.
- It was just an excuse for the many to throw off the yok of Torah. Freeing them to indulge in Arios (incest) openly.However once the started the Avoda Zora they became addicted to it.
Chazal Davaned to Mivatel the Yetzer for Avoda Zora
- Hashem granted them this and they were successful.
- They then attempted to abolish the yetzer for Arios. They saw that the world wouldn’t propagate and realized that they needed the yetzer for procreation.
- They tried however to remove the half that drove people to sin. Shamyim wouldn’t grant this because half orders can’t be made, it’s all or nothing.
- Chazal kept the yetzer but blinded it’s eyes. This helped to reduce the desire for incest but the yetzer for eishet eish and niddah remained.
HaMikaven to Mivaze Avoda Zora
- Even if the Kavana is to disgrace the Avoda Zora however if that is the method of service then one would be over on a Lav. Skilah however he would receive until he accepted it as his god.