Skip to main content
Sanhedrian Daf 071 – HaTanoim HaTzrichim L’Kiam Shem Ben Sorrer U’Morror
To Be a Ben Sorrer U’Morror one has to have:
- He stole from his father and/or mother or both. (Rebbi Yosi b. Rebbi Yehuda holds that he has to have stolen also from the mother) -Easily accessible.
- Ate and drank in the domain of someone other than his father. Doesn’t fear the retribution of his father.
- Under these conditions Chazal worried that this person would continue in this habit.
- he has access and he’s comfortable where he eats/drinks it.
- When we think he will continue then Chazal had the sevora to kill him while he’s innocent before he would be Chiav and also hurt or kill someone.
- Both parents have to agree that the boy should be killed.
- rebbi Yehuda says that the mother has to have the same voice and height as the father for the son to even become a ben sorror U’morror.
- Rebbi Yosi b. Rebbi Yehuda says that he has to steal also from the mother. How can she have her own money?
- Food was set aside for both the father and the mother.
- money was set aside for them to have a meal.
- Someone gave money to the mother and said that the money will be hers on condition that her husband will not acquire it.